The 3rd Annual Ride Ataxia Philadelphia will offer 5, 10, 25, and 50-mile route options starting and ending at Limerick Community Park in Limerick, PA on October 9, 2011. The ride will once again feature well marked courses and cue sheets, fully stocked rest stops, and strong SAG/mechanical support provided by Bike Sport, Tri County Bicycles, and Spinners Mobile Bike Repair. Additionally the ride includes what has been called "the best post-ride food ever!" with a delicious meal provided by our presenting sponsor Outback Steakhouse plus Carrabba's Italian Grill and Bonefish Grill. You will not leave hungry!
Last year Ride Ataxia Philadelphia welcomed 400 riders and raised $150,000 for Friedreich's ataxia (FA) research!
Please follow these simple instructions to guide you through the registration and fundraising process for Ride Ataxia Philadelphia.
1. Register for the ride
- Go to rideataxia.org/philly
- Click the button at the upper left that says "Register to Ride". This will take you to the Ride Ataxia Philadelphia Active.com registration page
- At the Active.com registration page, click on the green button to the upper right that says "Register Now"
- Pick your preferred ride length (If you are registering as a team of 10 to receive the discounted rate, you must choose a team Captain to create the team. After the team has been created each inpidual team member can register and find the team under the name created by the captain, max is 10 per team for registration), read and agree to the waivers, fill in your date of birth and click "Agree and Continue"
- Fill out all your information and answer the questions. Scroll down and click "continue"
- Fill in your payment information and click "Pay Now". Note: Your registration fee goes to FARA; the "Processing Fee" goes to active.com.
2. Now that you have registered to ride, you need to create your personal fundraising page...There are two ways to do this.
a. After you register to ride (step 1 above) you will receive two confirmation emails, one is a receipt for your payment and one has instructions on how to set up your fundraising page. Follow the instructions in the email.
b. Follow the instructions below:
Go to rideataxia.org/philly
- Click the button at the upper left that says "Donate Now". This will take you to the event fundraising site.
- Click on the link in the uper left that says "register"
- If you were a participant last year, choose "I already have an account", enter your email and password and then click next (please skip the next bullet). If this is your first Ride Ataxia event choose "I need to create an account" (this is completely separate from the active.com registration in step #1) then click "next"
- Fill in your information and click "next"
- Set your fundraising goal, AIM HIGH! Enter your display name and click "next"
- If you would like to create a team choose "Create a team". If your friends have already created a team that you want to join. click "search for an existing team". Note: Everyone on a team will all have an inpidual fundraising page with an inpidual total and those inpidual totals will be combined for the team total on the team page. All team and inpidual totals will be combined on the event page. Note: there is no limit to the number of people you can have on a fundraising team. If you registered 2 teams of 10 in step 1 above they can all be on the same team for fundraising. If you do not want to join a team choose "Do not join a team". Click "next".
- confirm your info and click "next".
- you will receive a confirmation email which will take you to your page where you can upload a picture and write a personal message to your potential donors. Here is an example: https://sna.etapestry.com/fundraiser/FriedreichsAtaxiaResearchA/raphiladelphia/inpidual.do?participationRef=968.0.418554997
- copy the link for your page, paste it in an email or on facebook, twitter...tell everyone about your efforts to help cure FA!
Add a comment