FARA Ambassadors are FA patient volunteers who bridge the gap between research, patient care and awareness of Friedreich’s Ataxia. Ambassadors are positive and supportive, peer representatives for the FA community dedicating their time and effort to raise awareness and funds for FARA.
The FARA Ambassador Program (AP) meets on the first Thursday of each month via WebEx. A large contributing factor to the effectiveness and success of this program is being present and active. Planning committees and project resposibilities are determined at the meetings along with sharing of research updates and FARA news.
The AP focuses on several different projects throughout the year. Some examples include:
- Contributing posts to the Ambassador Program blog (curefa.org/ambassadors)
- Writing thank you cards to donors and organizers for FARA events
- Monthly FA Hangouts
- Speaking at fundraisers, community events, pharmaceutical/research organizations
- Awareness: Rare Disease Day, FA Awareness Day, International Ataxia Awareness Day
- Communicating with newly diagnosed families
- Helping others in the FA community with their fundraising projects
How do I get involved?
Spend some time to read the description of the program at the beginning of the application here: https://goo.gl/forms/JbjJXYnZIJ8ydznp1. Consider how the roles and responsibilities might fit in with your life and schedule. Choose the appropriate commitment level for your situation. Then fill out the rest of the online application and click submit! Someone from the AP Leadership will be in touch with you for the next steps. The application deadline is Friday, May 5th.