We are pleased to be able to announce today that Santhera Pharmaceuticals is now recruiting patients with Friedreich’s Ataxia in the United States, for a Phase III clinical research trial looking at the effects of idebenone on the nervous system and the heart.
We are looking for patients between the ages of 8 and 17 years who have been diagnosed with Friedreich’s Ataxia.
To participate, you must be able to.
- Walk at least 33 feet without accompanying person
- Not have participated in the Phase II idebenone study sponsored by the NIH
About the study
- Participation in the study is for 9 months; 6 of those months you will be treated
- with study medication or placebo (an inactive pill with no drug in it)
- There are 3 possible treatments: 2 different doses of idebenone or a placebo
- There are 5 visits to the hospital
- Travel costs are fully paid for, including hotel