Stay fit, challenge yourself, support FA research...Team FARA members are running, walking, biking and swimming for FA research around the world. While they are geographically dispersed, Team FARA is united with the same goal: to draw attention to FA through acts of physical endurance and to support the advancement of FA research towards treatments and a cure for FA.
About Team FARA
Team FARA is made up of people around the globe who participate in endurance events on behalf of the Friedreich's Ataxia Research Alliance (FARA) with the goal of raising awareness and funds for FA research. Past Team FARA members have registered as individuals and groups in local marathons, ½ marathons, triathlons, ironman competitions, bike tours and 5K runs. With the FARA name in their fundraising materials, local press releases, and on their race jerseys, Team FARA members are introducing the general public to this rare disease and the importance of supporting FA research.
Join Team FARA
You can join Team FARA simply by registering in a local athletic event of your choice and deciding to do so in FARA's name. FARA will provide a fundraising webpage for you to customize with a photo and information about your event participation. FARA will also work with you to generate a press release and a strategy for local press coverage of your endurance event and campaign for FA research. Finally, FARA will supply you with either a Team FARA running jersey or t-shirt to be worn at your event. Your supporters also have the opportunity to purchase Team FARA t-shirts to wear as they cheer you on. If you're interested in joining Team FARA, please contact us at info@cureFA.org.
Support Team FARA
- Help raise funds. Send a note, post on your Facebook and direct friends and family to Team FARA's fundraising pages.
- Generate awareness... Contact your local media.
- Get your Team FARA t-shirt and cheer on the team! Don't underestimate the power of a good cheering section both for the athlete and the cause.
- Encourage your church, social groups, local networking groups and clubs to join Team FARA.
- Click on an event listing to read about specific support requests for that event.